# GOLF SHOTS DO NOT ALWAYS DROP IN THE HOLE, YET MANY UNDER PAR ROUNDS ARE BEING PLAYED IN CHAMPIONSHIPS.
Hi Folks , I have often heard wise people saying that Life is no less than a golfing journey. To be honest, i did realise myself that it’s so much true in every sense of living. Its a matter of fact that in Golf rarely a round is finished without any unexpected adventures. If we look at the professional side of the golf, we will realise that even best of the Touring Professional rarely finish a round without a Bogey on their Score card. While watching any PGA Event Broadcast, you would have seen that the some guys do make early bogies or may be a double bogey on a hole/holes, yet they return home with an “Under Par” round. Now this started a curiosity in me as to -” What differentiate between the touring Pro and an amateur golfer ?? ” My meaningful research indicated that it’s the ability to Bounce Back within the same round is the main key difference beside other attributes.
2. It gives me an immense pleasure to introduce my fellow golfers to the concept of “Bounce Back Percentage” or ( BBP). It is the percent of time that a player is over par on a hole and then is under par on the following holes is what provide us the Bounce back percentage. This BBP is extremely dynamic and volatile in nature like a Stock Market and is rarely constant. Although, it will have its Closing bell too like a Stock market, which can only be known after closing the stipulated round.
3. In simpler terms, it measures a player’s ability to rebound from a poor performance on a particular hole(s). BBP is also a scale on which a player is judged wheter he is physically and mentally able to put the poor score , poor swing, poor putt or bad break of the previous hole behind him . Ironically, it is seen that less good player have a harder time in accepting a bad shot than the good players do.
4. Now the question arises ? How do i increase my BBP ?.
Solution :- Well, Inorder to have a higher BBP, a player must develop a unconscious competence ( i.e muscle memory) through a carefully crafted ‘ Competence Development Process ( CDP) ‘. Highly capable Golfers invariably have an unconscious competence in their golf swing. I will strongly recommend that you must incorporate CDP in your practice sessions instead of simply beating countless golf balls. Try doing this next time on the Golf Range :-
(a) Imagine as if you are standing on a hole where your BBP is generally on the lower side ( on a golf courses, there will be always few holes like this ).
(b) Now play that hole / holes as if you are playing them on the golf course by hitting a driver/ 3 wood / Long iron ( as per your preferd preference) after teeing the golf ball up followed by the iron shots as per the yardages till you reach the putting surface.
(c) In doing so it’s possible that your all shots will come out well or may not come out well but remember both ways it will help you to build unconscious competence by providing you the confidence to execute the very next shot with more mindfulness coupled with Visual memory.
(d) Hit certain types of shots which you feel are responsible for your low BBP but immediately followed them with the seemingly correct shot. Do this over and over again. This drill will directly contribute in building your muscle and visual memory leading to boosted confidence.
(e) Once you are on a CDP, it will instantly provide you the requisite competence. Thereafter, you will find that a new Confidence is flowing from your developed competence.
5. Golf ⛳ is game of developing competence. It promote Leadership development & Confidence in a most realistic manner . Golfer play their ball as it lies, be it in divot, behind the trees, or out of sand traps, water bodies, insanely conditions and from countless odd stances. Same way Leaders also have to take decisions while being in similarly placed situations/ conditions for running effective organizations. The kind of wise and well mannered human beings, I often meet in my golfing journey strengthened this very belief of mine about Life & Leadership.
” GOLFERS & LEADERS ACTIONS AND DECISIONS MAY NOT BE ALWAYS SUCCESSFUL BUT THEIR ODDS OF SUCCESS GO WAY UP WITH NEWLY ACQUIRED COMPETENCE & CONFIDENCE “
6. Do subscribe the instructional blog by clicking on to the subscribe button for continuous updates. You will receive an instant notification for every new post as and when they are posted on www.simplylearngolf.com portal.
Also you can follow the ‘JOE’s Life Skills Lab‘ and get yourself enrolled in my E – Mail Newsletter “SUNDAY RETAZOS” sent exclusively to my subscribers with weekly updates on Mindful Productivity, life lessons and interesting articles I discover during the Week. I AM SURE YOU DO NOT LIKE TO MISS OUT ON THIS .
6 thoughts on “What’s Your BBP….?”
Very nicely explained concept of BBP. The visualisation part during practice will definitely help. Very insightful.
Amazing read. Beautifully explained.
Very well conceptualised, will definitely try it in my practice sessions
Quite interesting and well explained. One can safely brand BBP (Bounce Back Percentage) concept as furtherance of CDR (Contorok – Delete – Return) strategy!
😊… A lot of mix & match profiling .😀😀